Financial Support Line for Victims of Domestic Abuse
The aim of the Financial Support Line is to empower people who have experienced or are experiencing abuse to regain control of their finances. Advisors on the Line will always take your safety and well-being into account when giving advice.
While advisors on the Line cannot help with everything, they can:
• discuss welfare benefit issues
• give you strategies for dealing with debt
• support you in developing a budget
• look at problems you may be experiencing with utility companies and other bills
• talk you through how to safely open a new bank account or work through problems you’re
experiencing with banking
• in some cases, signpost or refer you to apply for small grants if you are experiencing
severe financial hardship
Please note that volume on the Line is very high, so it may take a while to get through. You can find further information on the website.