At first glance stalking incidents might not be recognised as such or look like a crime: excessive texts or phone calls, turning up unannounced at a person’s place of work, following them in person or online - all of this can be very frightening for victims and make them fearful of using public spaces.
For women and girls knowing there are safe spaces and a community around to support them can make a real difference.
Want to learn more? FREE 2 hour stalking awareness sessions online or face to face will be running weekly from December 2021 to the end of March 2022.
The sessions aim to:
- raise awareness of stalking, including an introduction to cyberstalking and the legal framework
- understand the experience and impact of being stalked
- learn how to respond to disclosures of stalking
- understand the links between stalking and other forms of victimization
- provide practical safety advice
While all are welcome these sessions are particularly aimed at employers, especially those working in the night-time economy.
Interested? Register using the form below.